Many people who have scars also suffer from lower self-esteem and self-confidence, especially if those scars are on the face, arms or legs.
Many people, however, don’t like the thought of invasive scar removal treatments and most creams are ineffective, not to mention expensive.
Luckily, there are natural methods of reducing and even eliminating the look of scars, and they are effective no matter what type of scar you have or how long you’ve had it.
Green apples can be extremely effective as a scar removal treatment. They contain malic acid, which is a naturally occurring alpha-hydroxy acid. This acid provides the sour taste that is associated with green apples, green grapes and cherries.
It is used to enhance the taste of food in the best restaurants, and is used in some cosmetic products, to exfoliate and smooth the skin. It can also be used as a tender exfoliator to reduce the look of scars, if done properly. Use this home-made mask using green apples and honey.
There are 6 steps to creating the perfect mask and scar removal cream. Keep in mind that this method takes time and you’ll have to repeat the process at least 3x per week for a couple of months.
1) Any green apple will do, including Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, Mutsu, and Ginger Gold. Wash and dry the apple thoroughly, then cut into medium-sized portions.
2) Put the apple into a blender and chop or puree for about 30 seconds. The goal here is to puree the apple chunks into smaller portions, but not liquefying it. Once that’s done, place the apple into a mixing bowl.
3) Drizzle about two tablespoons of honey onto the pureed apple, blending together until the mixture becomes thick but not soupy.
4) Clean and dry your face or affected area, leaving it somewhat damp. Apply the apple mask with your fingers. Leave the mask on for 10 to 20 minutes. Wash the mask off with lukewarm water and a damp cloth. Repeat this process once or twice a week, until your scar has diminished.
5) You can also apply the juice from a green apple directly on your skin to help diminish the look of your scar. Simply put the apple in a juicer and apply.
6) If you don’t have a juicer, you can use a blender to get the same effect. Just put some apple chunks into a blender and use the liquefy setting to get the juice from your apple. Use a strainer to separate the juice from the pulp. Use a cotton ball to apply the juice directly to the affected area (don’t forget to clean the area first).
Keep it on for about 15 minutes, and then rinse with lukewarm water. This can be repeated two to three times a week until the look of your scar has diminished.